Friday morning, the day after my WONDERFUL birthday, I was just getting started with my days work when Jax fell of the stool in the kitchen for the millionth time. I know it sounds like I am exaggerating, but I am sure it really was the millionth time. This time it turned out to be a little bit more traumatic then normal (because falling off the stool in the kitchen IS normal in this house). Harlee brought him in to me cause he wouldn't stop crying and I noticed blood. I found what looked like a tiny gash on the back of his head. After 10 minutes of bleeding and several tissues later, I decided that it might be a little bit more serious then what cuddling and rocking can cure. We ended up at urgent care and Jax had to get stapled. Poor little man. He was SO brave. The nurse had me hold some numbing gel on his head, which I had to keep there for 10 minutes. Ever try to hold something against a 2 year olds head for 10 straight minutes?? Not easy! We settled for a makeshift struggling body lock and to calm him I asked him if he wanted me to sing to him:
Me: "Jax, do you want Mommy to sing to you?"
Jax: sobbing "ya" more sobbing
Me: "What song do you want?"
Jax: sobbing "the God song" more sobbing..
It was so cute. So I sang him "I am a child of God" Later while we were waiting for the doctor, the nurse came in and gave him 2 suckers and 2 stickers, which also helped keep him distracted. As we were going to leave, Jax said, sniff, sniff" Mommy, I wanna taco" sniff... Well, who could deny the precious little thing a taco. He got his staple out yesterday and he was so brave. He didn't even flinch. The dr. was so impressed. He even let Jax keep the staple. Yeah :).
Me: "Jax, do you want Mommy to sing to you?"
Jax: sobbing "ya" more sobbing
Me: "What song do you want?"
Jax: sobbing "the God song" more sobbing..
It was so cute. So I sang him "I am a child of God" Later while we were waiting for the doctor, the nurse came in and gave him 2 suckers and 2 stickers, which also helped keep him distracted. As we were going to leave, Jax said, sniff, sniff" Mommy, I wanna taco" sniff... Well, who could deny the precious little thing a taco. He got his staple out yesterday and he was so brave. He didn't even flinch. The dr. was so impressed. He even let Jax keep the staple. Yeah :).

2 comments:
Poor Jax! What a brave little man. I'm glad he got his taco.
How sad!!! I hope he is doing well now. I hope that taco was nummy.
Post a Comment