I got done doing my weekly bracelets early, had to take Harlee to a dentist appointment and then run over to a Parent Teacher Conference. All was going well right up till dinner. I had all three kids at the bar eating lasagna. I went to my bedroom to relax for a minute, catch up on some emails and then start my nightly "put the house back together" routine. I was in my room for maybe 10 minutes, when I hear laughter and excited talking coming from the kitchen. Never a good sign when Jax is the source of the noise. Sure enough, I go in to find him flinging his bowl of lasagna on the floor, fork and all. Bodie is laughing, Jax is laughing, and now I have a mess. I gently (no, really) encourage him to get down off the stool and clean up his mess. I scold Bodie for the encouragement of naughty behavior and resume my wife and mom chores. This is when it gets REAL bad.
I went downstairs to a very potent smell of Vick's vapor rub. I knew that I had used it with Jax the past couple of nights, but I didn't expect the smell to linger like that. I found the bottle in the middle of the family room floor with the lid in tact. I immediately looked to our 9 month old couch for any sign of foul play (when Bodie was 2 he smeared nearly an entire bottle of Vick's on our brand new couch upstairs). . .nothing. Then why the smell. I went to move a blanket to see if it was smeared on the nearly new carpet. That is when I found the source, I was lucky (considering what it could of been) There were tiny finger swipe marks all over the blanket. Fixable. The culprit, none other than my soon to be 5 yr old, Bodie. In my exasperation I chewed out Bodie (no, not gently) and sent him straight to bed (7:15 p.m.). And quickly started a load of laundry. I was just finishing up when Harlee came downstairs to tell me that Jax had just broken my keyboard on my 6 week old laptop. "No!" I yelled. I ran upstairs to, sure enough, find my keyboard missing a space bar. Grrrr......I am practically in tears at this point, because I am a girl and when I am mad and exasperated and well, ya know, I cry. I don't like to cry, but that's what happens. I spent the next 10 minutes piecing my space bar back onto my keyboard. I was lucky enough to fix it with no see able damage. Thank goodness! Jax promptly to bed (7:25 p.m.). So, Harlee was a casualty of war. Poor thing was sent to bed with the boys only because I just couldn't handle children anymore. So, there ya have it. I actually do feel better getting that off my chest. Thanks for listening...
4 comments:
I hate days like that. Makes me want to paint my toenails and take a bubble bath. And then remember that I am a mom AND a person that doesn't deserve the treatment I get sometimes.
I am SO sorry! I hope today goes much better for you.
Oh, wow. .. that'a a rough one, girl. Sounds like you kept it together way better than I would have!
Mae once smeared vicks all over my grandmother's bedroom floor. . I hope my grandma breathed a little easier after that!
Oh, Heather! I am super impressed with how calmly you handled everything!!! A little chewing a child out and sending to bed....you did awesome!!!
Post a Comment