Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Field Trip...to the ZOO

On Monday I got to go on Harlee's 1st grade field trip to the Zoo in Idaho Falls. We started out with the "long" (according to the kids) bus ride there. This is Gracie and Mckenna.And Harlee was so happy to have me as her seat mate. :)
They have lots of things there for the kids to see and play on. This was right by the tigers. It is a big tiger. You can't really tell cause of all the kids on it. For those of you who grew up with Travis, the little girl in the very front is Chad Gregory's little girl, Lillie.

This is the Penguins. It is so refreshing to do things with kids cause they think EVERYTHING is SO exciting and amazing


The lions weren't very active this day. I don't know if that is good or bad. They were just being lazy sleeping in the sun. Their whole exhibit smelled liked dead animals. pew!!

They had this little barn and yard with goats in them that the kids could pet and brush. That was pretty exciting! Anything hands on usually is.

Giant turtle. There were 3 huge ones. HUGE! Wow!!

This is the "egg playland." Everything was centered around eggs. A chicken, a giant egg, and a nest.

1 comment:

Kyle and Tiffany said...

I really can't believe she's old enough to be going on field trips. Where does the time go. That's cool that you were able to go with her. I love her new haircut. I just cut mine, too, and it looks almost like Harlee's.