Saturday, November 29, 2008

MEXICO

I am finally updating!! I know, I have been home for almost a full week and it has taken me this long to update. I guess, for one, I took over a hundred pictures and I was a little intimidated on how I was going to condense my trip to a few pictures. Second, it was Thanksgiving, so give me a little bit of a beak. Anyway, I think I am finally ready to tackle the job.....Just to give you a run down...Travis and I went to Cancun with my family. It was my parents and siblings with spouses. There were all of us except for Clark and his wife who was too close to her due date to make a big trip like this. She ended up having her baby four days after we got home. Congrats to you guys! They had a baby boy on Friday the 28th and named him Kreed. Okay, so back to Mexico. There were 12 of us that went and it was a blast!! The first three nights that we were together, we stayed out in Villadolide (sp), a little town in the middle of the jungle. It was quaint. Honestly, from the very descriptive words of my dear sister-in-law, it was one of those towns you see on the movies where tourists disappear. It was an exciting adventure! Haha. While there we toured a couple of chapels/cathedrals a convent and Ek'balaam, which is a Mayan ruin. It was real neat. Interesting. From that town we drove towards Playa De Carmen which is a major port for cruise ships that cruise to Cozumel. On the way there we stopped at Coba (sp) another Mayan ruin. A lot of the structures were spread a part and you had to walk through the jungle to get to each one. It was real cool. I liked it. We then went on to Playa de Carmen where we stayed in a house that Dad rented. It was about a block from the beach and about a 5 minute walk to a real nice market street. We spent the next six days on there in the house and on the beach. It was wonderful!!! We loved it and had a great time. I did miss my baby a whole lot, and even got to where I missed my other two kids too. haha;) It was a blast though, and I am glad that we went. So here are some highlights of the trip . . .. .

What you see here is the boiler (water heater) to a Hotel we stayed at.

This is what the Hotel looked like, it was a real nice place, just primitive plumbing.

This is at Coba, this is one of the tallest structures excavated.

Travis and I on top of Coba...it was so cool...

Ek'balam, this was place had quite a few of the "village" uncovered. It was neat.

My Dad has been to Cancun and surrounding areas quite a bit and so he knows the little out of the way places that people don't know about. This is one of them. It was a Chapel that was built in 1613.

We went to a restaurant that was in a cave.
Travis got a little sick the Saturday before we went home and so he stayed back at the house while we went to a zoo. My brothers and their spouses went home on this day too. So, we cut our group down significantly. So, ya, this zoo was real cool. These are crocodiles that are just hangin out along this path that we walked down.
This is a baby Croc
Octupus. It looks fresh off the dock, yuck. My younger sister ordered this and said it was real good, I don't think I could do it..





6 comments:

Kara's Party Ideas said...

how fun!! your dad is the BEST tour guide i swear! :) we were just there with him last year..the boiler pic is awesome..i totally remember that place! how fun! i'm jealous, i want to go back to cancun so badly!

Amber! said...

Love the hat, Heather Sue!! Glad you had so much fun. It looks amazing!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Hurray! I'm so glad you finally posted. It was fun to see all of your 100+ pictures on Thanksgiving. I'm glad that you guys got to go on a fun trip, and that Bodie could hang out with us. He's a good kid.

Yeehaw said...

Uh... you forgot to tell who won the bet! You or your brother? By the looks of it, I'd guess you, but maybe that's why you didn't post any pictures of him??? And that wasn't meant as an insult to him, just a compliment to you.
(Does he read this?)

AmandaS said...

That is so fun! i cannnot believe you help a baby croc! You're so brave! Glad that you had such a good time!

Darla said...

That looks so fun. I'm glad you guys got to all go w/ the fam!! That octopus...don't know bout that. hehe! Love the pictures!!