Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Anniversary Trip

Travis and I recently had the BEST weekend getaway EVER!! I say this cause it had been a REALLY long time since we last got away for fun, so it was in much need for both of us. All weekend we kept turning to each other and saying, "this is so nice!" It was great. Okay, so we went to Island Park and stayed in a cabin. We were able to find the EXACT cabin that we stayed in for our honeymoon 10 years ago. It was great! It had been changed a little bit since last there. There was a gas fireplace, a hot tub and new carpet/hardwood floors and satellite TV. We didn't have any of those modern conveniences last time. We relaxed and watched movies, went Snowmobiling, and played racquetball and swam at the local resort club house. We stayed two nights and it was so great to get away and not have to do anything.

Here Travis is in front of our little cabin.


Just outside our cabin was thus HUGE snow pile from the snow blowers that clear the roads. There was a lot more snow there than we have seen at our house all winter.

Here we are chillaxin in the Hot Tub. That was SO great. Oh man, I am still just thinking about how great the weekend was and so nice to do nothing!


If you can't tell, this is a snow sculpture of a bear. I thought it was cool.

This is Trav's Snowmobile. The first $1700.00 cash takes it. Not because he hates it, but everything is for sale for the right price. Plus he wanted me to take a picture of it in all that snow. You can see behind it, our cabin. There is a back door there behind the tree on the left. It is completely blocked with snow.

Can I just say again, that it was SO nice to get away. We loved our weekend together and it was the perfect way to celebrate our 10 years together.

1 comment:

Polly Scott said...

I was so looking for that swim suit strap, and so relieved to see it:).