Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gingerbread Houses

We don't do this every year, but it's fun every now and again. Travis was out of town this week and to keep my sanity, I decided a little crafty thing for the kids would be fun. Don't worry, I prayed for patience and was blessed with it. I held it together clear up until bedtime, when we were done. The kids had a blast decorating their individual houses. I just bought the kit at Walmart. The whole village kit was only $9. I supplemented in a little more candy to choose from, but other than that it contained everything I needed. I don't let them touch it for a couple of days and then they can pick it all apart as much as they want. It is a blast for them to do.

This is Harlee's in the works. She is the one that takes the longest because she likes to add a bunch of detail.

Bodie wanted this and that. The more elaborate that
Harlee's got, the more he wanted too.

Jax had SO much fun having me blob icing all over in various
places so he could keep adding candy

Here they all are hard at work :)

Jax's

Bodie's

Harlee's

Mine and Travis'. Like I said, Trav wasn't home
and so I took the liberty to do his and mine.


Here is the little village all put togather. So much fun!

2 comments:

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Cute! I bought a house kit at Michael's on Thanksgiving, and now I'm even more excited to put it together. I liked your "His" and "Hers" houses. :)

Rachael said...

Fun! Last year we started the tradition of gingerbread houses. Kolby loves it...he has such a sweet tooth. Looks like it was a great craft for the kids too!