Thursday, January 7, 2010
New Years Resolutions......
So I am inspired by my friend (thanks Lace) to post some new years resolutions. I hear the more people we tell the more likely we are to keep them. So here goes. This actually started with our Christmas tradition of gifts to Jesus. On Christmas eve we give a gift to Jesus. Something that we promise to do for him. I don't remember what all was said by everyone that night, but I do know what my goals are. First off, the superficial one, I made the goal to lose 20 lbs and keep it off this year. A year from this February Trav and I are going on a cruise and I would like to have all my extra weight off by then. I also want to read the Book of Mormon AT LEAST twice this year. Attend the temple every month, and attend all my meetings at church. This last one will actually be easier to do now that I teach in Primary every other week. That will keep me on track. So there ya have it. I am really taking these serious too. I really feel that time has gotten away from me and continues to do so the older I get. Harlee will be baptized next month, Bodie starts kindergarten in the fall and my little baby will be 2 the end of this month. It just all flies by so fast and I feel that I haven't made the time for the important things. So I guess I will end with that......I will make more time for the important things!! I hope all of you do too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kyle and I want to do a cruise for our 10-year anniversary, too! Okay...I want to do a cruise...maybe Kyle will conceed. :) You're a very driven person, and I have no doubt you'll be able to keep all of your resolutions. Congrats on your new calling. I like your new blog layout and header. Good job.
Great goals Heather! I thought I'd share a plan we adopted about 6 years ago....it's pretty much geared to the "weakest" link (that means even I can do it). By following this plan you can read the Book of Mormon from the Title page through the end in 3 1/2 months. Which means you can read it nearly 4 times in a year. We made a plan and read 5 pages a day. A sheet to check off each day helps you keep on track. It works. 5 pages a day is do-able -- then you can augment as you want....anyway -- I've had great success in being sure I read from the Book of Mormon everyday.
Love you.
Post a Comment