Friday, March 20, 2009

Waitin' for my Rainbow.......

I woke up this morning to the sound of our water pump running. Most people can't hear their pump kick on and off. We can...I am not sure why (I know it has been explained to me, but I guess it wasn't important enough to me for me to remember). I thought it was odd, but didn't give it a second thought. Harlee then came up stairs to inform me that the carpet was wet where she stepped downstairs. I thought, " Oh great, Bodie didn't make it and went to the bathroom on the carpet. Great." If only it had been so simple. Since there hadn't been any water running and the pump was still on, I decided to go check it out.. . . .oh, goodness!
Our pump switch is in the furnace room and it has given us trouble since we built the place, but nothin serious, so we haven't ever done anything about it. You know it always takes a disaster to get something fixed that you should of fixed in the first place. Well semi disaster is what it was. I just count my blessings we weren't out of town. This could've been worse.



What you don't see is that the water got stopped up between the pressure tank and the wall and seeped under the wall to my laundry room. It then filled up the laundry room and seeped under the next wall and the door to the carpet on the other side. LUCKILY, it only got a small part of the carpet. It didn't make it to any furniture, computer or electrical parts. I had to file a claim with my insurance and called On the Spot cleaning to come take care of it. They were at my house in 10 minutes of the call and all is taken care of. All this and no Husband! Yes I cried, yes I panicked a little and, yes I hated my husbands job for taking him away and making me do this on my own. That was then and now I am okay. Okay enough that I am posting the whole thing on my blog :) So, this was a minor flood. Minor. And my rainbow is that now it is all under control and it wasn't worse. Thank Heavens!!









7 comments:

Melissa said...

yuck! that is awful! You are an amazing woman to handle that on your own! I definitely would have panicked. I'm glad it's not as bad as it could have been.

AmandaS said...

What a bummer! I am glad that you got it taken care of so quickly.
My parents pump turns on when you turn on the water, too. But theirs is SUPER loud! '
love you

Kyle and Tiffany said...

I'm so proud of you for handling that all on your own! I don't know what I would have done. Good thing it was only minor, too. The joys of owning a home. Something was bound to go wrong once you had your basement all nicely finished. I guess you asked for it. :)

Mel said...

I'm glad it wasn't worse. We had our sump pump back up a few weeks after finishing our basement. We were lucky like you in that it mostly went in the storage room and only got a corner of the carpet. I guess that's what we get for finishing the basement right? But I did have my husband home at the time, I can't imagine if I hadn't.

Kara's Party Ideas said...

ah, man..i'm sorry!

Jodi Loveland said...

I feel for you!! I know all too well about having your husband gone. :) Nothing terrible ever happens when they are around, only when they are gone. It's not fun but it does make you strong.

Amber! said...

So sorry. Been there, done that, but with a hubby around. I'd loose it if Dan had been gone. You are a tough cookie!