Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Catchin up.....

Okay...where to start. Well, as most of you know, Travis started a new job. He is working in Wyoming with an oil company. It is an excellent paying job with real great benefits. The only draw back being that it is in Wyoming. He is going to be commuting back and forth. Right now he is doing training and will be for a month. After that his schedule will be that he works 14 days and has 7 days off. So, it kind of isn't wonderful, but hopefully it will be somewhat temporary. He is hoping to do this for about a year or so and then find something local.
As for the kids, they went gleaning for FHE with their grandparents and found lots of potatoes for Mom (Thanks Kids). Travis loves his fresh picked potatoes and looks for the real big ones so that I will make him homemade fries. I say Travis, cause I can't really tell the difference between fresh picked and store bought. Sorry to all you Idahoans that are touchy about potatoes. To me a potatoe is a potatoe...although red are my favorite. Anyway Bodie found the perfect potatoes for Dad and his fries and so we had to document his find.


8 comments:

Yeehaw said...

Don't leave the state just yet... you still have some Idahoan traits you need to work on. :-)

Amber! said...

Nice potatoes!!! Hope the job works out for you guys!

Stephanie said...

Ididn't know Travis was starting a new job - good luck with everything. One week when he's off we need to do dinner - I'll give you a call - we can either come to Blackfoot or you guys can come up to Poc - I was just thinking about you guys today -sorry I havent' been better about keeping in touch!

Joanna said...

Those are some freaky big potatoes! We didn't glean for size, we gleaned for quantity. We have way more potatoes than any 5 families could eat in a year.

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Those are some big spuds! I hope the single life is treating you okay. Come to I.F. if you ever get bored.

Jen H. said...

I can't believe the size of those potatoes!!! Good luck with the new job, you're a trooper! I know it's hard not having a hubby around hang in there.

Serenity said...

Hey Heather, it's Reni.
Your kids are getting so BIG! speaking of big, those potatoes... I can't find any like that in the store ;) Your blog is really cute!! Your family is adorable!!

Project Control said...

I think that if you live in Idaho you have to learn how to spell the reason the state is even recognized by Americans.

Singular - potato
Plural - potatoes

dummy.

Love your big brother, Brandon